Saturday, June 16, 2012

Peace

She was born on February 10th 2012. She was beautiful. She has brought light and love into my heart again and has helped me heal. She is my baby girl,Chloe Megumi Morgan.

Her name means Blossoming Grace/ Little shoot, pure blessing. And she is.

The labour did not go as planned. I got induced a week early. I had an epidural. I reacted to the anisetic. Eleven hours and two pushes later, she came quietly and laughter surrounded her emergence into the world.

How have I been? Unusually calm, maybe it was the euphoria - nonetheless calm ... feeling capable and confident as a mother,being kinder, more nurturing to my other kids. I still have my screaming moments ... I guess that's just part of being a mum, but I'm better than I was so that has got to count for something.

I believe the hypnotherapy helped me believe I could, I can, I am a capable and loving parent, that life is precious, that these moments are fleeting, that I'm a survivor, that I deserve a pat on the back, I am strong, I am powerful.

2 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE to read your blog!
    It's always interesting, thought provoking and worth spending the time to read!
    I love the honesty.
    I love the raw emotions.
    I love the subtle humour amid the blatant seriousness.
    You're a wonderful example Aunty J. Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess xx I hope I can keep it up xx

    ReplyDelete