Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ground Hog Day

While I find the loneliness and the monotony of parenting an insanity provoker I have indulged myself in a few outlets to ward off the men in white coats.

Projects:

  • I've been working on this book since Noah was five months old. It came to me as a dream and inspired the idea to put it into a book. Three years running now and I am heading into the final stages of the first draft writing process. Next will be self editing and then passing it on to trusted friends and family for editing and suggestions. I'm pretty excited I'm getting to the end of this stage it's been a long write in between child rearing and the like. It's a supernatural romance, possibly young adult fiction, and will be a trilogy by the end of it all.
  • Reading. Currently reading the "hush,hush" series by Becca Fitzpatrick. An entertaining read. Books like this have whisked me away into another world and have helped me through very boring and challenging times in my life.
  • Writing and illustrating children's books. I am working on my portfolio for illustration but once again hard to knuckle down when you have little ones to mind. I have ideas for children's books but are waiting in the wings until my big novel is complete.
  • Painting. Painting pictures that say something, have an impact and join the Gosford gallery so some can be put on display.
Anyway, life's too short to not follow your dreams and while I whinge about being a mother it was a dream of mine too (just not the PND part lol). Anyway, at the moment, these things are keeping me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment